What is Wet Shaving Soap?
Wet shaving soap is a tool that men have used to protect their faces against the blades of their shaving razors for centuries. It’s been around longer than shaving cream and usually comes in a hard puck, which is then whipped into a lather.
A shaving brush is normally used to create the lather; you spread this lather across your face, which protects your skin from the razor blade and provides excellent lubrication for the blade itself.
The results you get from shaving soaps are fantastic. Close, super-smooth shaves are the norm provided that you use the right materials.
What Tools Do I Need to Use These Soaps?
To effectively use a shaving soap, you’ll need:
- 1A shaving brush. These are short-handled brushes with tight bristles. By soaking the brush in water and swirling it over the top of the soap, you’ll create moist soap bubbles. After the soap is spread over your face, you use the brush to work it into a lather and remove oil and debris before shaving.
- 2A shaving bowl. This is where you put your brush in between uses.
Use the shaving brush to make the soap, then follow up with the brush to spread it across your face. Finally, use the shaving brush and bowl to lather the soap directly prior to beginning your shave.
Top 10 Best Wet Shaving Soaps
1. The Blades Grim Gold Luxury Shaving Soap
This soap is made from all-natural ingredients and produces a thick lather with a minimum of effort.
2. Van Der Hagen Men’s Luxury Scented Soap
This three-pack of shaving soap is hypoallergenic and softens your beard exceptionally before your razor blade touches your face.
- THE SCENTED LUXURY SHAVE SOAP - is your ticket to a relaxing shave, as the subtle, fresh scent...
- PRODUCED IN OUR UNIQUE KETTLE PROCESS - Scented Shave Soap is ideal for a satisfying and luxurious...
3. Men's Soap Company Shaving Soap
This shaving soap is made with vegan plant ingredients and includes Vitamin E to rejuvenate and heal your skin.
- Subtle Sandelwood Scent: many of our customers have described the scent as mild and delightful that...
- Natural and minimal ingredients: our shave soap is made of the best naturally derived vegan plant...
4. Henry Cavendish Lavender Shaving Soap
This classy shaving soap is made with coconut oil and shea butter to transform your shaving experience into a delight.
- BUNDLE AND SAVE TODAY: search for HENRY CAVENDISH KITS.
- American Made Shaving Soap easily creates rich lather: it lubricates razor for a slick, cushioned...
5. Lather and Wood Shaving Soap
This sandalwood soap produces a dense and manly-smelling lather that’s sure to attract the ladies once they get a sniff.
- LARGE 4.7oz SHAVE SOAP. A premium tallow based shaving soap for literally pennies a day. Get...
- HAND CRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES To Insure Highest Quality Possible. As wet shaving enthusiasts we have...
6. Col. Conk Shave Soap
This soap is a four-pack so you can change the fragrance of your face as often as every day of the week.
7. Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl
Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl- This soap comes with its own shaving bowl and contains eucalyptus and methanol; there’s no soap as pure and refreshing.
8. RazorRock XXX Italian Shaving Soap
This Italian-made shaving soap is among the highest-quality and possesses unique notes of orange, lavender, and sandalwood to produce a sensational fragrance.
- HANDCRAFTED IN ITALY: RazoRock Italian shaving soaps offer unmatched razor glide for the best shave
- NATURAL FORMULA: Includes shea butter, argan oil, aloe vera and lanolin to be soft on sensitive skin
9. Premium Shaving Soap for Men by Sir Hare
This tallow-based soap leaves your face super lubricated and very smooth for added comfort.
- Tallow based shaving soap creates a protective lather and lubricates any razor for a smooth and...
- You get a full 4 ounces of shaving soap in an 8 ounce container. That's enough soap to last for more...
10. Gentleman Jon Sandalwood Shave Soap
This glycerin-based soap produces a rich and creamy lather that's particularly great for men with thick, tangly whiskers.
Last update on 2019-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API